Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today's Flowers; A Rose;

Apricot Nectar;


This is in every way a rewarding rose, from its healthy foliage and nuanced color, to its abundant, very fragrant bloom. Excellent for cutting.

Name: Apricot Nectar
Class: Floribunda Height: 4 feet
Growth: UprightColor: Apricot and Apricot Blend
Bloom size: 4"
Zone: Zone 6Bloom type:
Fully DoubleRebloom:
Fragrance:
Hybridizer: Boerner
Year introduced: 1965


I grow this rose since many years in my subtropical zone 11, garden.
Here it grows very tall. It is practically disease free. It has a wonderful scent and grows easily from cuttings.
Go and pick many more beautiful flowers by clicking here

12 comments:

Rosamaria said...

Beautiful roses!My mother had this kind of roses and they were the highest roses in her garden.
Good week for you.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

That is a beautiful rose. I hadn't seen it before. The shading on the flowers looks really good. You are lucky to be in Zone 11. We can sometimes get down to Zone 5 here.

DrowseyMonkey-Photos said...

Lovely! I love the fragrance of roses - and they don't make me sneeze like most flowers, lol

VALKYRIEN said...

Lovely roses! The closup really show the unusual combination of color, pale pink and orange! A beauty!

Laerte Pupo said...

Beautiful roses and nice post.
Thanks for sharing.

Sara Chapman said...

How lovely. One day computers will deliver scent, mark my words, and this photo would be a prime candidate. And thanks for visiting last week, come back soon.

lilly said...

Beautiful!

mimi said...

lovely peach rose. great captured.

Tulip said...

stunning peach roses.

Danielle said...

How pretty. I really enjoyed these. It's neat to read all the info about them too. I can almost smell their sweet scent...

diane b said...

What a beautiful delicate rose. You have such a fabulous garden and I'm coming for dinner. Love this blog too.

DeniseinVA said...

How beautiful, a perfect rose and I always love learning about them in your post. Wonderful! Thank you very much for sharing.